Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shopping List

Tonight I am going to go grocery shopping finally. It has been a while since we have gone shopping as we have been eating out way too much. As you can imagine it has not been good for my diet and health. As soon as I woke up this morning I knew that I needed to make a grocery shopping list so the moment I got here I started searching online and making a list of what I am going to get. Here is what I have put together.

Grains
  • 100% Whole Wheat Bread
  • Whole Wheat Tortillas
  • Whole Grain Cereal (cheerios,quaker oatmeal squares)
  • Brown Basmati Rice
Fruit
  • Apples
  • Oranges
  • Bananas
  • Grapes
  • Berries
  • Dried Fruit
  • Canned Fruit (packed in 100% juice or light syrup)
Vegetables
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Kale
  • Broccoli
  • Asparagus
  • Zucchini
  • Red Potatoes
  • Frozen Veggies w/o sauce
  • Canned Veggies (packed in low salt water and drained before use)
Meat/Beans
  • Lean Cut Beef
  • Boneless and Skinless Chicken and Turkey
  • Lean Cut Lunch Meat
  • All Natural Chicken Sausage
  • Black Beans
  • Kidney Beans
  • Pinto Beans
Dairy
  • Skim Milk
  • 2% Reduced Fat Shredded Cheeses
  • Low Fat or Fat Free Yogurts (greek or regular)
  • 1% Cottage Cheese
  • Reduced Fat String Cheese
Other Snacks
  • Reduced Fat Wheat Thins
  • Original  Sun Chips 140 cal for 16 chips
  • Veggie Chips from Costco
  • Snyders Multigrain Pretzel Chips
  • 100 Calorie Smart Packs
  • Instant Pudding and Jello

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you post again.
    I made some pretty good cookies the other night. You know the healthy kind. I made them small, but that way I can have one in each hand and feel better. lol
    Take 2 ripe bananas, 1 cup of oatmeal and a sprinkle of cinnamon. That's it. Mix together. A few small banana lumps are O.K. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. I made 24 cookies at 20 calories each.

    ReplyDelete