Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How to shop healthy!

I was reading website yesterday while at work about good healthy things to buy at the grocery store. Usually when I go I have a hard time deciding what to purchase and it is always just what I see that sounds good. There was a line on that website that I loved. It said something to the effect of  "stay on the perimeter of the grocery store" that is where all of the healthy stuff is to eat. I had never thought of it that way in the past. Of course there are some things that are healthy on the inside isles but it is safe to stay on the outside. When I went to grab a couple things at Harmons Grocery store yesterday I tried this out other than salad dressing and it worked very well. I plan to use this plan as much as I can from now on.


here is a little diagram of what I found yesterday!


1 comment:

  1. Have you heard of Bountiful Baskets?
    It's a co-op of fresh fruits and vegetables. Each week on Monday or Tuesday you can order a basket. And then on Saturday you pick it up. I looked and they have a pick up spot at Kearns Rec center. But lots of other places in the SLC valley.
    The baskets cost $15. It's 50% fruit and 50% vegetables. I heard once that it is between $40 and $50 worth of food.
    You can check it out at www.bountifulbaskets.org. I have always enjoyed what I get. It's fresh not old left overs.

    ReplyDelete