Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Body Media Link

Over the past 2 weeks I have gotten back on the band wagon. As you can tell because I have not posted for a long time that I had fallen back to my old ways. About 4 months ago we adopted our son and I have come to the realization that I need to be the best Dad I can be for my son. That means starting to take care of myself. I have been working out in my basement and running outside. Like I have said over and over when I am working out and being healthy my body loves it and responds to it. I am not as tired and certainly not as lazy.
One thing that has really helped my journey is purchasing a bodymedia arm band. It tracks your activity with sleeping, calories in and out and my workouts. It is a constant reminder to be healthy by not only working out but to eat healthy. I wore one about 4-5 years ago and lost about 60 lbs with it but for some reason I didnt think I needed one anymore and sold it. As you can tell that was a terrible decision on my part.
I need to get healthy not only for me but for my son and wife. I NEED to be there for them for a long long time. I don't just want to be there but to play an active part of each of their lives because that is what they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment